Monday, February 15, 2010

What is SkyLark?

SkyLark is a concept more than anything but in a more practical sense, SkyLark is the name of a musical project I am involved in. 80% of my lyrical material is either on gender equality or media literacy. We're playing a show this Friday @ The Blackstone in Providence and next Thursday @ The Mediator Stage (also in Provy) If you're interested in hearing about shows and happenings comment with your e-mail address and I'll put you on the SkyLark e-mail list.

A SkyLark is a bird known for its song. I feel it is the best description for what I do, and why I do it. Songwriting and Song-singing are as natural to me as breathing, just as singing is natural to a Song Bird. I don't conjure up ways for people to like what I do, I don't sit down and decide, "I'm going to write a love song today" or "I'm going to write a song with a clever metaphor that explains the flaws of presumptuous thinking" It literally just happens, usually at really inconvenient times like 3am or in the middle of uninteresting classes. In any case...

See you tomorrow,
Tom


2 comments: